The Handstand of the Month is a monthly post, which is posted on the 21st of each month. Each month, I post one of my favorite handstand pictures and explain about the location where the picture was taken. This is going to be a lot of fun and YOU can participate! Want to be featured along with one of my pictures? Well, you can! Read below to see how.
One of my favorite things to do when I go to a new site is take a picture in a handstand. I know I am not the only one. It is just something gymnasts, retired gymnasts, and other handstanders do. So if you are one of those people, you know what I mean.
Here is the June 2016 Handstand of the Month:
This handstand was in Badlands National Park in South Dakota. I loved this location and to be honest, this national park surprised me. I thought “badlands” would mean ugly and barren, but no, this was a beautiful and mysterious geographical minefield full of special places and beautiful spaces.
The National Park is very close to 1880 Town (which is a cool location) and both mountain monuments – Crazy Horse and Mount Rushmore. If you go to Badlands, take the loop through the heart of it.
How Can You Be a Part of Handstand of the Month?
To be featured in the Handstand of the Month post, all you need to do is:
- Submit your favorite handstand picture to me via Instagram Direct Message (msbtravels) or email ( [email protected] ) and tell me your FIRST NAME.
- It must be a vacation spot (not a backyard, or in a gymnastics center, etc), a historical place, or a beautiful location.
- Make sure you include a brief description of where you are and what the place is like.
- I will choose the one I think is the best and feature it!
- Realize – Just because you submit in one month does not mean I cannot feature you in a following month.